Saturday, April 16, 2016

Candy


 This is going to be a rather short post but I wanted to show you a display of some of the minis I'll be using in my Candy and Bake Shop (along with some cake pops I didn't finish in time for my last post.)  I have red and black licorice, gumballs, candy canes, hard candy chunks, and stick candy. The plate on the bottom shelf is a variety of chocolates that I received in a swap. And then the cake pops.

On this candy stand are chocolate fudge, caramels and peanut brittle.

I think I over did it on the caramels


Making peanut brittle was accident that turned out very well.  I just bought some TLS and wanted to experiment with it a little. I took some carmel colored Fimo, chunked it up and added TLS--far too much. It came out a little thin but the color was good. I then added some yellow and there it was- peanut brittle (minus the peanuts) I also had some pale yellow fimo already baked so I cut into small chunks, mixed it up and now I had peanuts. Some of the peanuts are kind of large but at least there is no doubt as to what it is.

Then I came across some no-hole beads and thought that would be a better option for the peanuts. After mixing up another batch of Fimo, I tossed some in and came up with this:

I'm not sure how those big chunks got in there but I just cut them out. Probably used the same mixing cup.  I actually like the first batch better but will probably use then both,

After my next post, I'll be putting the fimo away for a while.  I have to start making some decent displays and tables not to mention figuring out what size roombox I need. I sure am keeping busy!

Have a wonderful day!

Diane

3 comments: